What makes you get out of bed in the morning?

Fear and Loathing.

Fear. I’m finding that, and I’m not the first to do so, that this is the one thing that impacts my life on a regular basis. On any given situation fear has the opportunity to rear its ugly head. Sometimes this is a good thing, like don’t put that battery in you mouth, I’m not sure eating that kebab is a good idea etc but a lot of the time its killing you. Its killing who you really are and who you possibly could be.

Recently I have found myself looking at some of the ways of doing things, and as we get older these ways become more established and they make us feel comfortable, hence not afraid in any given situation but what I want to do and what I’m asking you to consider, is to examine your daily behaviors decide what is the motivation here. If it is a known fear that holds you back from changing your life for the better, then change it but especially if it is a fear of mediocrity, examine that fear, understand why you are afraid and be free of what is holding you back.

I find that in a situation (enter relevant setting here), we have a few ways of responding, one we do the behavior that makes us feel comfortable allows to walk away at the end and say I’m ok, Ive got it sorted (this ties in with that creating our reality that I mentioned earlier) , or two we act upon our fear and become agitated and nervous we recognise there is an issue but we let the fear dictate and we lose ourselves or three we recognise that we are afraid and we objectively act upon our behavior and change it. In all honesty the first few times we try to change it will be hard, we may embarrass ourselves and more than likely we will slip back into the first option of being comfortable. But fight, keep going, because change never occurs without action. Thought and action are on a positive feedback loop and one cant change without the other.

So stop being afraid and just …. do.

Most people are prepared to except you as you believe yourself to be.

Cheers
Ben.

11 Responses Subscribe to comments

1. LocaLaura
    Jul 10, 2010, 21:19

Like? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

[Reply]

2. Jon M
    Jul 12, 2010, 08:27

Great points Ben. I have only ever preached once – it was haphazard and a bit of a disaster. You might even have been there. The central message though was good though: most come to faith out of fear, but this is only the start. Maturing is about being driven by love instead of these pervasive, reflexive fears.

Like? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

[Reply]

3. Oct 16, 2013, 16:05

http://www.e7if.com 游戏私服

Like? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

[Reply]

4. Oct 18, 2013, 12:30

hi ,i am a new user, welcome to my website http://www.senukexvip.com – senukexvip

Like? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

[Reply]

5. Aug 22, 2014, 18:58

Free speech does not imply lying, faorbcatiin, and slander, which are happening under the guise of free speech. Very few people have ever visited Tibet I have seen Lhasa with my own eyes. I have been talking and chatting with people there and I have a lot of Tibetan friends. There were no peaceful demonstrations in Lhasa that were brutally knocked down! Young men went to action after a well-prepared scenario at many places at the same time so that police and fire brigade should be taken by surprise and unable to act everywhere at the same time. People were just knocked down without differences and all what could be broken was broken in the shortest possible time. Fires were lit and fire cars were stopped. 18 normal citizens where killed without feelings, and one police.

Like? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

[Reply]

6. Feb 05, 2015, 08:30

永恒之塔服务端传奇服务端密传服务端QQ西游服务端天堂1服务端\r\n真封神私服开服惊天动地私服开服红月私服开服魔力宝贝私服开服飞飞务私服开服\r\n剑侠情缘开区一条龙密传开区一条龙街头篮球开区一条龙A3开区一条龙破天一剑开区一条龙
    传世开私服一条龙服务 http://www.17isf.com/

Like? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

[Reply]

7. Feb 24, 2015, 06:33

Great post with lots of imnprtaot stuff.

Like? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

[Reply]

8. Jun 26, 2015, 21:44

Defa Mishap Ingredients Organization.,Limited provide and even tran Subaru fuel filter sfer Audi air conditioning filter, 325i repair air filter, Buick air conditioner filter, Cheverolet furnace filter, Citroen furnace filter, Daewoo furnace filter, Ford air conditioning filter, Nissan air conditioning filter, Cars ai

Like? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

[Reply]

9. Jun 26, 2015, 21:44

Defa Auto insurance Constituents Denver. Honda fuel filter ,Ltd crank out additionally ship Audi air filter, 325i repair air conditioner filter, Buick air conditioning filter, Cheverolet air conditioning filter, Citroen air filter, Daewoo air conditioner filter, Honda air conditioner filter,Honda fuel filter, Hyundai

Like? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

[Reply]

10. Sep 23, 2015, 04:56

The Sigma tank is one of the most cost effective,
    simple to install septic tank maintenance (Carl) that is designed to save you money and time.

Like? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

[Reply]

11. Sep 25, 2015, 19:07

No te dejes engañar: Si pone light”, diet”,
    cero” cosas afines en el envoltorio es muy posible
    que no sea lo que precises en realidad para adelgazar.

Like? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0